Value City Furniture & American Signature FurnitureChip and Joanna Magnolia House Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Sponsored by American Signature, Inc.
The Value City Furniture & American Signature Furniture’s Chip and Joanna Magnolia House Getaway Sweepstakes (“Contest”) encourages its fans and customers to sign up on the website of Value City Furniture (“VCF”) or American Signature Furniture (“ASF”) for a chance to win a getaway prize as described in these Official Rules. The selection of a winner will be chosen in the sole discretion of American Signature, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
1. TIMING: The entry period begins at approximately 12:01 a.m. EST on October 26, 2016 and ends at approximately 11:59 p.m. EST on November 28, 2016 (“Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any U.S. citizen that is a resident of the United States (and its territories and possessions) who, as of October 26, 2016, is at least 18 years of age and lives within 100 miles of a VCF or ASF retail store (“Entrant”). All other Entrants will be disqualified. Entrants are not eligible to win a prize through both VCF and ASF and Entrants are eligible to win only one prize from VCF or ASF one time per calendar year. Employees of Sponsor, its parent, divisions, subsidiaries or affiliates, participating advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers (and members of their immediate families and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible to participate.
3. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: : Entering the Contest by submitting an Entry (as defined below) constitutes Entrant’s agreement to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Being eligible to win the Contest is contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to entry and the winner’s selection process (as defined in these Official Rules). Limit one (1) Entry per person. Multiple Entries from the same person will be disqualified. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Inaccurate, lost, late or misdirected or incomplete Entries will be disqualified.
4. TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, Entrant must go to the website of either VCF (http://www.valuecityfurniture.com/sweepstakes ) or ASF (http://www.americansignaturefurniture.com/sweepstakes) and complete a digital form for a chance to win the Chip and Joanna Magnolia House Getaway Sweepstakes prize (“Entry”). Entrant must be the person who is the authorized owner or domain name owner of the email address associated with the Entry. Authorized owner or domain name owner is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized owner of the email address. Entrant must have a valid email address. You may be charged for visiting the mobile website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your carrier. Data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winner will be selected by Sponsor on December 12, 2016 in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The winner chosen by Sponsor is final pending confirmation of eligibility in accordance with these Official Rules. All Entries have the same chances of winning based on the total number of eligible Entries received. Entrant will be notified by Sponsor via email of its selection of winner, along with instructions on how winner may claim the prize. If Sponsor does not receive a response from winner within 48 hours of notification, Sponsor reserves the right to choose an alternate winner or terminate the prize. In the event Sponsor does not receive any eligible Entries, Sponsor has the right to terminate the Contest and prize.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Winner will be chosen to win the Chip and Joanna Magnolia House Getaway prize. Winner (and one guest) will receive a two (2) night stay at Magnolia House Inn in McGregor, Texas (ARV: $1,900), Two night stay is for the dates of Friday, February 24th and Saturday, February 25th 2017 only . Total ARV: $1,900. TRANSPORTATION NOT PROVIDED. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Trip must be taken within the dates specified. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty, express or implied. No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize is permitted. If the actual retail value of the prize is $600 or more, Winner must complete an IRS Form W-9 and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in Winner’s name for the actual value of the prizes received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prizes as described herein. Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release form and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within ten (10) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the Entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If images are being submitted to Sponsor as a requirement for entry, Entrants agree that they have all rights to use the images submitted and to allow Sponsor, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to reuse any of the images, without any liability, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, officers, directors, employees and participating advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with the Entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the costs of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any other additional damages whatsoever, including but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for injuries, death or losses or damages to persons or property AS WELL AS CLAIMS/ACTIONS BASED ON COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, MISAPPROPRIATION, PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
8. INTERNET/MOBILE: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from eligible Entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other Entrants.
9. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, New York, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
11. WINNERS' LIST REQUEST: To request confirmation of the name and address of the winner of the Contest, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope by December 31, 2016 to: VCF/ASF Chip and Joanna Magnolia House Getaway Sweepstakes, American Signature Inc. - Marketing Department, 4300 Fifth Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43219.