Make Easter Dinner Easier Than Last Year
If your family is anything like ours, we like to go BIG for Easter.
5 course meals, hours-long Easter egg hunt, everyone decked out in their pastel best.
But most people aren’t seasoned vets when it comes to a big Easter celebration, that’s where our tips come in. Is this your first Easter celebration where you’re hosting? Or was last year’s dinner so disastrous you’re nervous about trying it again?
No worries, we’ve got some easy tips to help you plan for the dinner.
- Plan for not everyone being able to be there at the same time prior to dinner. Some of your guests will have prior commitments or other dinners going on at the same time. If that’s the case, a buffet might be a more ideal option for you.
- Choose the kind of recipes everyone will love. And only ones you’re familiar with. We beg of you…do NOT try a new recipe the day of the dinner. It will most assuredly end badly. Only make tried and true recipes that your family will love.
- Won’t someone think of the children? But seriously, it’s always good to have some activities planned out for the kids while they’re waiting to eat. No one wants a screaming, hungry child ruining Easter.
- Make the day easier on yourself by setting the table the day before. That’s one less thing to worry about in the morning when you’re preparing for a hungry mob coming to your home.
- Be mindful of the seating chart. Don’t sit Aunt Maria next to Cousin Joe if she’s mad at him for crashing her car. We know it might be hard to arrange people in a way that won’t cause drama but trust us on this. The less drama the better.
- Decorate the table lightly. The most important thing on the table (and the only thing your guests will care about) is the food. So keep the centerpieces, floral decorations and candelabras at a bare minimum if none at all.
- FINALLY. Relax. This is as much for you as it is for everyone else. Have fun with your family and don’t sweat it if your 5-year-old niece dumps a plate of ham on the floor. Things will happen and people will offer you lots of help, so don’t worry. Have an amazing Easter dinner from our VCF family to yours. <3